Dad always said Brenden and I were like oil and water. Growing up we fought about anything and everything. I remember him saying on a few occasions that some day we would end up being best friends. At the time I scoffed at the idea but here we are! The moment he got out the house he hasn't been able to get rid of me.
Brenden and I have spent the better part of the last year living in the same town. First in Rexburg for school starting last September. Then in January we moved to Tioga North Dakota where we worked for different companies in the oil fields for roughly 9 months. Now we are in Alcala de Henares, Spain until the end of December doing a volunteer/internship project for SIRI (Southern Idaho Research Institute) and FamilySearch.com. We are compiling national archives (taking pictures of marriage, death, and birth documents). From what I understand they will be used for genealogical purposes.
Brenden and I have spent the better part of the last year living in the same town. First in Rexburg for school starting last September. Then in January we moved to Tioga North Dakota where we worked for different companies in the oil fields for roughly 9 months. Now we are in Alcala de Henares, Spain until the end of December doing a volunteer/internship project for SIRI (Southern Idaho Research Institute) and FamilySearch.com. We are compiling national archives (taking pictures of marriage, death, and birth documents). From what I understand they will be used for genealogical purposes.
In North Dakota Brenden worked for a roustabout company
called WadeWorks. They were contracted to an oil company called Continental and
serviced their locations located throughout the Bakken. They did plumbing for treater shacks (filtering
system from the salt water, oil, and gas lines running from the well head to
the tanks) as well as assembling pumping units, and operated cranes in order to lay tanks.
I had a few jobs while in North Dakota. I started out as a
waitress at diner called Wildcatz. Soon after starting work there I found
another job working for a company called Pilot Logistics as a customer service representative.
During my last few months in North Dakota I took a field job working as a frac
techinican. As a frac technician I went with a truck driver, in a fuel truck,
to frac sites and filled the fuel tanks of the equipment being used.
While we enjoyed our time in the Bakken we are happy for the change. While North Dakota has started getting snow we have been blessed with 70+ degree weather.
While we enjoyed our time in the Bakken we are happy for the change. While North Dakota has started getting snow we have been blessed with 70+ degree weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment